Job Title: Service Desk Engineer
Salary: £20,000 to £24,000 DOE
Location: Plymouth, UK
We are looking for an adaptable individual to take on the role of Service Desk Engineer within our client's company. This position will have you supporting the business’s growing client base with a high level of service, primarily providing solutions from Microsoft. You will also be required to identify any upgrades and enhancements that will benefit the business and increase overall productivity.
To be successful in this role, you will have to have excellent telephone communication skills as most of the support given will be over the phone.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- You will have to diagnose faults, support, install, and maintain the following Microsoft Products: Windows Server 2008/2012/2016/2019, Windows 10, Office 2010/2013/2016/2019, Microsoft 365.
- You will be providing support for the following features, services, and roles: Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, RDS, IIS, SharePoint Online, Exchange Online, OneDrive.
- Installing, updating, and supporting anti-virus solutions.
- Maintain ongoing communication with customers regarding support requests.
- You will be installing and configuring routers, firewalls, servers, PC’s, and Printers.
- Diagnose and repair network faults.
- You’ll install and configure remote access/VPN solutions.
- You must ensure that your tickets are kept up to date with accurate information and as well as relevant time entries.
- Always maintain client confidentiality.
- Adhere to the data protection act.
- Have a focus on maintaining effective customer service.
Successful Candidates Will:
- Generate enthusiasm amongst your team members.
- Actively seek out opportunities to build on existing skills.
- Communicate effectively with the company’s clients to identify their needs and evaluate alternative business solutions in accordance with organisational objectives.
- Seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships.
- Effectively manage customer expectations.
- Mentor those with less experience, through both formal and informal channels.
- Suggest possible suggestions for areas in the internal processes that could use improvement.
If you are interested in this job or have any questions, please apply, or email. email@example.com
This job is being advertised by The Recruitment Geeks who are operating as a recruitment agency.