Job Title: Service Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Emp Type: Full-time
Salary: £36,750 + Overtime
Location: South London
We are looking for an experienced service engineer who is able to undertake warranty and annual service work for Gas, Electric and Solid Fuel heating appliances.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility will be the completion of warranty and annual service work for Gas, Electric and Solid Fuel heating appliances.
- Diagnosing faults and repairing appliances in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- To correctly identify the reason for the reported issue and determine whether that issue falls within a company manufacturing fault or an installation/user fault, which will then be charged on site to the customer.
- Completing chargeable annual servicing and repair work for customers, with the aim to retain the customers servicing requirements for the next year.
- Document and report on all calls and problems identified in the field to the technical department.
- Issue any safety notices if required and to inform the relevant personnel.
- Ensure faulty parts are returned adequately labelled for testing.
- The role will cover a pre-determined area, however travel to most areas of the UK will be necessary from time to time so the right candidate will need to be happy with being away from home for up to 4 nights each week when required.
- Proven experience of working with heating appliances or servicing comparable equipment in the field.
- The weekly route will be planned by the Service & Warranty team.
- Service calls will be detailed on The Engineer Portal which will contain all of the information required for the call.
- Full driving licence.
- CCN1 (Domestic Core Gas Safety)
- HTR1 (Gas Fires & Wall Heaters)
- CONGLP1 (LPG Changeover)
- CPA1 – Combustion Analysis
- GAS SAFE requirements (OFTEC also an advantage)
The following qualifications whilst not essential, would be an advantage:
- Part P Electrical Safety
- Electrical safe isolation
- HETAS Certification
- Hetas H002 (Solid fuel regulations and Standards)
- Hetas H003 (Dry Appliance Installer)
- Hetas H004 (Wet Appliance installer)
- Hetas H006 (Internal twin wall chimney system installer)
- Fully equipped van, laptop/iPad and phone.
- Competitive Salary
- Overtime Available
If you are interested in the job or have any questions, please apply or email email@example.com
This job is being advertised by The Recruitment Geeks who are operating as a recruitment agency.